Microsoft Partners in Learning Institute
"Partners in Learning Institute is a Microsoft training for the top educators around the world to become teacher-trainers in innovative teaching and learning practices"
(Guide to On-line Application, May 2011)
In late July 2011 the Microsoft Partners in Learning Program will bring together the top innovative teachers in the world! Microsoft aims to equip this circle of educators with the skills, knowledge and innovative passion to influence millions of teachers from various locations.
Less than 500 teachers have been invited to submit an application to join this inaugural community of prestigious educators because they demonstrate expertise in the innovative teaching principles that Microsoft Partners in Learning promote to all teachers:
1. Practice innovative ways to teach 21st century skills to your students;
2. Make global connections by engaging with a worldwide community of professional practice; and
3. Know how to use and integrate Microsoft tools into teaching and learning
(Official letter: Microsoft Partners in Learning Program, April 2011)
According to the Guide to On-line Application the purpose of the Institute is "to grow innovative teaching and learning practices around the world through the care of teacher-trainers who will take what they've learned out to their communities to teach and coach other educators in effective teaching strategies for the 21st century"
Successful selection into the exclusive Partners in Learning Institute required participants to demonstrate through their application that he/she is:
- a life-long learner;
- an effective teacher who implements innovative teaching and learning practices with their students;
- currently using Information Communication and Technology to improve teaching and learning; and
- prepared to (or already does) expand their reach beyond the classroom to inspire other teachers and share what they’ve learned at the Institute with educators in their own communities.
Applicants were asked to complete two major tasks in order to be considered for the Partners in Learning Institute. Firstly, applicants were asked to describe why they were an ideal candidate for the Partners in Learning Institute by answering a set of questions and secondly, applicants were asked to create a short video that demonstrates what makes them an ideal candidate for the Partners in Learning Institute.
Partners in Learning Institute Application:
Microsoft believes that partnering with educators as they acquire and teach the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in the 21st century helps builds a world of young people who are prepared to meet the unprecedented challenges and opportunities of this century.